Yellow Out Algea Remover 4 lb. Coral Sears
- Fast acting
- No brushing
- Dissolves immediately
- No copper or silver
- Safe in any gunite, vinyl, plaster or fiberglass pool
- Guaranteed! U.S.A. and Foreign Patents
YELLOW OUT produces amazing results! Quickly Economically
YELLOW OUT is not an algaecide, herbicide or pesticide. It does not contain quaternaries (foam), copper (stain), silver or poison. No algaecide can match the safety of YELLOW OUT. YELLOW OUT will not kill algae. However when YELLOW OUT is used with EPA registered chlorine, cleanup is achieved quickly and economically.
DIRECTIONS FOR USING YELLOW OUT
Yellow, green, brown or pink slimy algae on walls normally appears on the shady side of the pool where the vertical and horizontal surfaces of the step meet, below water fill line, along the walls and under the lights in the pool.
MAINTENANCE APPLICATION: Use YELLOW OUT for normal maintenance. Use 1/4 of initial recommended amount with your regular shock treatment.
INITIAL APPLICATION FOR ALL TYPES OF ALGAE
- CAUTION: (1) NEVER PRE-MIX YELLOW OUT WITH EPA REGISTERED CHLORINE OR OTHER CHEMICALS; (2) never vacuum pool immediately after application, and (3) never add YELLOW OUT directly into the skimmer basket or filter suction line! Maintain proper pool chemistry at all times.
- SHAKE WELL TO BREAK UP THE LUMPS (product lumping in transit is normal). Clean DE or cartridge filters before proceeding (additional filter aid may be necessary with sand filter). Determine the size of the pool in gallons. Adjust chemical balance to pH ≥ 7.8 or higher, chlorine 2-2.5 ppm, alkalinity 80-120 ppm and cyanuric acid 25-75 ppm,
- Add two pounds of YELLOW OUT per 15,000 gallons water directly into any type of pool. Spread half of it along the perimeter of the pool, starting where the algae are the thickest. Concentrate the rest directly over problem areas. Never add more than is recommended.
- After 5 minutes, add two pounds of calcium hypochlorite or equivalent (See #4a) or one gallon (15%) of liquid chlorine per 15,000 gallons water directly over YELLOW OUT. Follow the EPA registered chlorine manufacturer's recommended application instructions for different types of pool surfaces, Never add more EPA registered chlorine than is recommended.
Use of different types of chlorine:
- Calcium hypochlorite - 2 pounds per 15,000 gallons.
- Sodium hypochlorite (15% by weight) - 1 gallon per 15,000 gallons.
- Sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione - 2 pounds per 15,000 gallons (also add 2 pounds soda ash directly over chlorine).
- Trichloro-s-triazinetrione - 2 pounds per 15,000 gallons (also add 2 pounds soda ash directly over chlorine).
- Lithiumhypochlorite - 4 pound per 15,000 gallons.
- Tablets (Trichlor) - 2 pounds per 15,000 gallons (if tablets are used, they must be completely dissolved within a 24-hour period). Also add 2 pounds soda ash directly into pool.
- Use of different types of chlorine:
- Circulate pool water for 24 hours using only the main drain, if possible. Check pump, valve setting and timer, disconnecting the off-timer dog (tripper), if necessary.
- After Step 4, super-chlorinate the pool water again 12 hours after initial application and again 24 hours after initial application--each time using 2 lbs of calcium hypochlorite (or equivalent) per 10,000 gallons or one gallon of liquid chlorine per 10,000 gallons. Return equipment and chemical balance to normal after algae are removed.
- YELLOW OUT dissolves immediately, is neither an algaecide nor an herbicide and as such has no poisons in it. However, because of the concentration of EPA registered chlorine in your water after treatment, we recommend you stay out of your pool as long as you normally do after you shock or super-chlorinate your pool. How long you wait to swim after super-chlorination is a matter of personal choice, but we recommend waiting at least 8 hours. After the EPA registered chlorine has dissolved completely and when the pool is clear and visibility is good, you may swim at your discretion. CAUTION: Keep YELLOW OUT and all pool chemicals out of reach of children. Rinse container thoroughly and dispose of it properly. NOTE: If your pool has TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) content above 1,500 ppm, treatment may require additional chlorine. YELLOW OUT is guaranteed to perform when the simple instructions are followed. However, neither Coral Seas nor the seller makes any guarantee, expressed or implied, concerning this product when used in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Neither shall be held responsible for any personal injury, property damages or other types of loss resulting from mishandling, improper storage or improper use of this material.